Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
I starting a new 20 week series. Every Saturday I will post the Goodreads Choice Awards for 2014 by genre. This list was compiled by votes from goodread users. You can see the full list ~here~
I will do the genres in alphabetical order. There are some titles that are listed twice. These are all books that were released in 2014. It’s a good way to fill up your to read list.
The first list is the business genre:
1. Capital in the Twenty-First Century by Thomas Piketty
3. Economics: The User’s Guide by Ha-Joon Chang
4. Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less by Greg McKeown
5. Factory Man by Beth Macy
6. Flash Boys: A Wall Street Revolt by Michael Lewis
7. #GirlBoss by Sophia Amoruso
8. Hooked: How to Build Habit-Forming Products by Nir Eyal
9. How Google Works by Eric Schmidt
10. Leaders Eat Last: Why Some Teams Pull Together and Others Don’t by Simon Sinek
11. Overwhelmed: Work, Love, and Play When No One Has the Time by Brigid Schulte
12. Show Your Work!: 10 Ways to Share Your Creativity and Get Discovered by Austin Kleon
13. The Hard Thing About Hard Things: Building a Business When There Are No Easy Answers by Ben Horowitz
14. The Obstacle Is the Way: The Timeless Art of Turning Trials into Triumph by Ryan Holiday
15. The Promise of a Pencil: How an Ordinary Person Can Create Extraordinary Change by Adam Braun
16. Think Like a Freak by Steven D. Levitt
17. Thrive: The Third Metric to Redefining Success and Creating a Life of Well-Being, Wisdom, and Wonder by Arianna Huffington
18. Write. Publish. Repeat(The No-Luck-Required Guide to Self-Publishing Success) by Sean Platt
19. Young Money: Inside the Hidden World of Wall Street’s Post-Crash Recruits by Kevin Roose
20. Zero to One: Notes on Startups, or How to Build the Future by Peter Thiel
Next week I will share the books in the Debut Goodreads Author genre.