Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
Gift baskets are a great go-to gift for any occasion. Bro Basket is perfect for Father’s Day.
How did the concept of Bro Basket come to life?
The BroBasket started out with this true story, way back in 2013, starring a fellow classmate in our CSUCI MBA program… it went something like this;
My fiance (now husband) sent me a bouquet of flowers and I leaped with glee! That evening as I thanked him for the gesture I asked: “Well why don’t I send you some flowers at work to repay the favor?”. He laughed and respectfully declined but retorted with, “I don’t want flowers, but you can send me a bucket of beer instead!” After searching the internet and quickly realizing I couldn’t send him a bucket of beer, I realized what a cool concept that would be!
And there it was, the seed had been planted for what would eventually become TheBroBasket.com. Our Entrepreneurship class overwhelmingly choose it as the business we would start in our classroom. As a whole, the class worked on the various aspect of the business plan; some wrote lengthy marketing ideas, others ran tons of theoretical sales numbers and financial figures, while others came up with a logo and even some prototypes. At the end of the class, the four Vice Presidents stood in front of a panel of real-life venture capitalists in hopes of getting the idea funded and turning it into an actual business! After all, as our Professor Doug Lane once said: “Anyone can have an idea, but getting an MBA is about turning that idea into a business”.
The Bro Basket is like a gourmet bouquet of “man flowers”.
My husband jokes that women get flowers and men should get “man flowers”. I’m sure you are wondering what in the world man flowers are. Why it’s a 6pack of his favorite beer of course! The Bro Basket makes it so much easier to spoil that special guy in your life with many different themed baskets. Most are alcohol related but not all of them are.
I decided to spoil my husband with an Irish Car Bomb basket. I had no idea what an Irish Car Bomb was until I saw this basket. My husband was very happy about it though so that’s all that matters. You receive everything you need including the glassware.
- Guinness Stout
- Irish Whiskey
- Irish Cream Liqueur
I loved the directions on their website on how to prepare the Irish Car Bomb so I included them:
How To Prepare
- Fill 1/2 to maybe 3/4 of a pint glass with that Guinness, but not the whole thing you drunkard! You’re gonna be dropping that shot in there, so you’ll need some room, boozy.
- Fill 1/2 to maybe 3/4 of a shot glass with Jameson, all depending on how strong you want that bomb to be
- “top off” the rest of that shot glass of Jameson with Irish Cream, feel free to make a mess, hell it’s not your house (we hope)
- Pick up that pint glass with your good hand, coral your drunk friends and implore them to do the same
- Pick up that shot glass in your not so good hand, hopefully, your friends aren’t drunk enough to pick up what you’re laying down by now.
- Cheers to whatever the hell it is you are celebrating, do an Irish jig, kiss a leprechaun, were not the boss of you, so have fun.
- Drop that shot glass (That’s the little one) in that pint glass of Guinness, give a Lil love tap of the glass on the bar, then down it like your life depends on it
Who in your life would love a Bro Basket and which would you pick?