Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this product/event for review purposes, all opinions are my own. I am disclosing in accordance with the FTC.
I had the amazing opportunity to review a Silhouette America Cameo. If you are a paper crafter then you have heard of this amazing machine.
Dimensions: 20.9 in x 6.5 in x 5 in
Weight: 6.5 pounds
Maximum Cutting Width: 12 inches
Maximum Cutting Thickness: .8mm
SD Card Slot: Yes
LCD Display: Yes
Warranty: 1 yr parts & labor
What’s Included?: Silhouette electronic cutting machine, power cable, USB cable, adjustable blade, cutting mat, 50+ exclusive designs, $10 Silhouette Online Store download card, software CD, instructional DVD, basic instruction guide
I have wanted a cameo for a long time. I am a scrapbooker and card maker. An electronic die cutter makes things so much easier. With the Cameo I can either use cutting files I personally make, or I can buy pre-made designs in the online store. They also offer a new free file every Tuesday.
A very popular file format for years for digital cutting files is .SVG. The cameo uses .studio. Don’t worry though, if you buy the deluxe designer edition of the cutting system for $49.99 you can cut all the .SVG files you may already have.
Here is more information about their Deluxe Designer Edition:
Silhouette Studio® Designer Edition is the version of the Silhouette software made especially for designers. The Designer Edition includes more features to help designers import their own artwork as well as create new designs for use with Silhouette products.
- Ability to open, manipulate, and cut .svg files
- Rhinestone tools to convert designs into rhinestone templates and create your own rhinestone designs
- Sketch tools to convert designs into several styles of sketchable art
- Creative knife tools to allow you to clip designs using different patterns
- Enhanced eraser set to modify designs with more precision
- Built-in ruler and guide lines for precise alignment and drawing
- Be sure you have Silhouette Studio® v1.9.0 or higher installed on your computer (Download the latest software here)
- Purchase an electronic upgrade code or upgrade card
- Under the Help menu in Silhouette Studio® choose “Upgrade to Designer Edition”
- Type the unique 16-digit upgrade code you purchased along with your email address and password to complete the upgrade process
The cameo is very easy to set up. There is a learning curve with any digital die cutter. You just need to be patient and read the instructions. For this review, I cut one the exclusive designs you get when you purchase a cameo.
This file is called Control Panel. It was very easy to cut this design out. The machine cut it quickly and cleanly. There were no pieces I needed to finish cutting out with my scissors. I can’t wait to really use this machine for my scrapbooking projects.
If you do any kind of paper crafting with unique designs, this machine will be your best friend.
Silhouette America’s Social Media: