We’ve all seen lists made up by those in the book industry on books they think we should read in our life time. Goodreads recently had such a list compiled. This list was made up by the users on goodreads. There are 100 books on that list, I am going to break down the list by genre. Each Saturday I will post a new genre. Today’s post is for the genre Classic books. Here is the complete list.
I have read some of those books. Some, I have had on my to be read list for a long time. I will share that after I share the list.
4. A Tree Grows In Brooklyn by Betty Smith (I’ve had this on my TBR list for a long time)
5. Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy (I’ve wanted to read this but I’ve been told it’s hard to follow at first)
7. Gone With The Wind by Margaret Mitchell (This is one of my all time favorite books. I’ve seen the movie countless times)
10. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte (I have this on my TBR list)
12. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott (I tried to read this once. Unfortunately I could not get into it.)
14. Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck (I have this on my TBR. My daughter who does not like to read, read this in school. She really enjoyed it.)
15. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (Has been on my TBR list for a long time.)
18. The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain (Another one my non reader enjoyed)
23. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee (I’ve read this many times. I love both the book and movie)
24. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte (I will admit this has been on my TBR since I saw it mentioned in the Twilight series)
Which have you read? Are there any you want to read after seeing this list? Be sure to check back next week for list of books in the Fantasy genre.
***This post may contain affiliate links. If clicked I may receive some compensation. Regardless, I only recommend products I believe will be good for my readers***