My husband and I recently got a new puppy who is about 8 months old. Dog treats are expensive and full of preservatives. It’s very easy to make homemade dog treats.
In my search for an easy recipe I came across one for Peanut Butter Oatmeal Dog Treats from Lifetime with dogs.
This recipe is super simple and takes just a few ingredients. You probably have the ingredients for this on hand in your kitchen pantry. The only thing I had to purchase was the dog bone shaped cookie cutter. You can use any cookie cutter you wish though. You can get dog bone shaped cookie cutters on Amazon. They are cute but not needed.
I love this recipe because it’s easy, and healthy. My puppy seems to have a sensitive stomach so we have to watch what he eats. He seems to love tissues though…ewwww.
My dog is a smaller 8 month old Pug/Beagle/Spaniel mix. I tried these treats out on my friends dog that is a Pit Bull/Lab mix. Both dogs loved these treats. My friends dog loved them so much, I had to give them the recipe to make her more.
Here are some pictures of my cute puppy enjoying his delicious treats:
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup peanut butter (chunky or smooth)
- 1 1/4 cup water (hot)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Combine the flour and rolled oats; set aside.
- Combine water and peanut butter together.
- Make a dough by combining the flour/oat combination and the peanut butter/water combination.
- Roll out the dough in small batches using the cookie cutter of your choice to cut out the shapes.
- Place the cut outs on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes then cool on a wire rack.
- Tip: If the dough is too sticky, add flour as needed to get the consistency you want.