Amazon.com strives to be Earth’s most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want – low prices, vast selection, and convenience – Amazon.com continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform.
Founded by Jeff Bezos, the Amazon.com website started in 1995 as a place to buy books because of the unique customer experience the Web could offer book lovers. Bezos believed that only the Internet could offer customers the convenience of browsing a selection of millions of book titles in a single sitting. During the first 30 days of business, Amazon.com fulfilled orders for customers in 50 states and 45 countries – all shipped from his Seattle-area garage.
It is by design that technological innovation drives the growth of Amazon.com to offer customers more types of products, more conveniently, and at even lower prices. Among its many technological innovations for customers, Amazon.com offers a personalized shopping experience for each customer, book discovery through “Search Inside The Book”, convenient checkout using “1-Click® Shopping”, and several community features like Wish Lists (www.amazon.com/wishlist) that help customers discover new products and make informed buying decisions.
- Fast quad-core processor up to 1.5 GHz—2x the speed and over 3x the graphics performance of previous generation Fire HD for quicker apps and smooth videos
- Beautiful 6″ HD display—Crisp, vivid HD display (252 ppi / 1280×800) with over a million pixels—perfect for apps, movies, TV, games, photos, and more
- Front and rear cameras—Take photos or capture videos in 1080p HD with a rear-facing camera or Skype with a front-facing camera
- No more worrying about storage space—Get free, unlimited cloud storage for all Amazon content and photos taken with your Fire devices
- Best selection of digital content—Enjoy over 33 million movies, TV shows, songs, books, Android apps and games—including Facebook, Netflix, Minecraft, and more
- Great for the whole family—Create unique profiles and set screen time limits for kids with Amazon FreeTime. Link two Amazon accounts and share books, games, apps, and Prime Instant Video content across all devices in the household
- Stay connected and productive—Fast web browsing, email and calendar support including Gmail and Outlook. Plus, edit and view Office documents
- Try Kindle Unlimited for free—Choose from over 700,000 titles and thousands of audiobooks for $9.99/month. Try 30 days for free.
If your household is anything like mine you need more than 1 tablet. The Kindle Fire HD 6 is just the answer to that. I am in love with this tablet. It’s light weight, smaller and yet is just as powerful. I can stay organized on the go. I can access all my social media sites, favorite websites, email, games and of course read!
I love that with the Kindle Fire HD 6 you can choose different colors instead of the standard black. You can pick between black, white, magenta, citron, or cobalt. I chose magenta for mine.
I have arthritis and my hands tend to cramp easily and quickly. I have no problem holding this kindle for long periods of time. If you are in the market for a new tablet you can’t go wrong with a Kindle Fire.
Amazon’s Social Media:
Disclosure: Gina’s Library of Reviews received product(s) for free in exchange for an honest review, which may differ from yours. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I used personally, and believe will be good for any of my readers.