Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
This post contains affiliate links and we may earn a commission if you click them and make a purchase. This is at no cost to you and we only recommend products that we love
I was born in the early 70s, I remember watching re-runs of Laugh-In with my mom. Variety shows were very popular back then. A lot of actors/actresses would get their start on these types of shows as well. This was considered wholesome family entertainment 1 hour a week. There are times I wish television was still like this. Here is a better description of the show in case you haven’t heard of it.
The ’60s gave us “in-crowds,” “be-ins” and “love-ins,” and starting in 1968, the happening place for free-form comedy was ROWAN & MARTIN’S LAUGH-IN, broadcast “from beautiful downtown Burbank.” Straight man Dan Rowan and wisecracking co-host Dick Martin led a gaggle of goofballs through a rapid-fire assault of one-liners, skits, bits and nonsequiturs that left viewers in hysterics and disbelief. Anything and anyone in the public eye was a target. Political correctness? Forget it! The off-the-wall, groundbreaking, Emmy Award–winning show would go on to anchor their Monday night time slot on NBC until 1973, transforming both pop culture and the medium of television. “Good Night, Dick!”
ROWAN & MARTIN’S LAUGH-IN: THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON is now available for classic TV aficionados and comedy lovers alike.
The star-studded set brings audiences to the beginning of the landmark series that became an instant classic and one of the most popular shows in the history of television. Our 4-DVD set includes all the full episodes from the first year, plus hours of special extras.
- Complete Season One on 4 DVDs.
- Rare show from the 1960s and early ’70s that both highly innovative and an overnight sensation.
- Featuring: Dan Rowan, Dick Martin, Pamela Austin, Ken Berry, Eileen Brennan, Ruth Buzzi, Judy Carne, Barbara Feldon, Henry Gibson, Goldie Hawn, Larry Hovis, Arte Johnson, Gary Owens, Jo Anne Worley.
- Classic long-running features Sock It to Me, Cocktail Party, and the Joke Wall
- Sammy Davis Jr. introduces Here Comes the Judge
- Body graffiti with Goldie Hawn and Judy Carne
- Guest Stars: Don Adams, Kaye Ballard, Harry Belafonte, Milton Berle, Joey Bishop, Sonny Bono, John Byner, Johnny Carson, Cher, Tim Conway, Sammy Davis Jr., Sally Field, Peter Lawford, Jerry Lewis, Ed McMahon, Jill St. John, Dinah Shore, Tom Smothers, Connie Stevens, Larry Storch, John Wayne, Flip Wilson, and many more!
- Spokesperson is comedian and star, Lily Tomlin
- Bonus features:
- The rare Laugh-In pilot episode
- 25th Anniversary Cast Reunion Highlights
- New interview with creator and executive producer George Schlatter
- Laugh-In Bloopers
Would you love to own Laugh In for yourself or a family member?
Connect with Time Life and Laugh In:
Other Classic Television DVDs you may enjoy:
All In the Family