Title: The Lego Animation
Author: David Pagano
Publisher: No Starch Press
Genre: Non Fiction
Release Date: October 29, 2016
Buy Links: Amazon/Barnes & Noble
Have you ever wondered what your LEGO creations would look like on the big screen? The LEGO Animation Book will show you how to bring your models to life with stop-motion animation–no experience required! Follow step-by-step instructions to make your first animation, and then explore the entire filmmaking process, from storyboards to post-production.
Along the way, you’ll learn how to:
- Create special effects like explosions and flying minifigures
- Convey action and emotion with your minifigure actors
- Design sets for animation–make three buildings look like an entire city!
- Light, frame, and capture consistent photos
- Add detail and scope to your films by building in different scales
- Build camera dollies and rigs out of LEGO bricks
- Choose cameras, software, and other essential animation tools
Dive into the world of animation and discover a whole new way to play!
For ages 10+
Do you have a lego fan in your life? Lego sets can be expensive and it’s also hard to remember which sets a lego fan has. Why not spark their imagination with this great animation book.
We’ve all seen youtube videos of lego movies. Now you can learn how to make your own. The book is full of step by step directions. The pictures are bright and colorful and easy to follow. My nephew loves this book and is already brainstorming ideas for his first movie!