Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this product/event for review purposes, all opinions are my own
How dumb can a criminal be? Dumb enough to make you laugh out loud at these true stories of really dumb criminal activity. This volume of Professor Birdsong’s 117 Dumbest Criminal Stories: The Southwest is written just for fun and enjoyment. It showcases the kind of many funny and weird criminal law stories that he has found and written about since 2010. The stories in this volume come to you from the states of Arizona, California, New Mexico, and Texas — the Southwest region of the U.S. Professor Birdsong has found out a lot of dumb criminal stories from the Southwest. They include, Drunk and/or Disorderly Dummies from the Southwest; Dumbest Robbers of the Southwest; and includes a chapter of the most bizarre dumbest criminals of the Southwest.
Readers will learn of:
- the cross-dressing San Diego man who went on a rampage in a Denny’s restaurant when he believed that his cell phone had been stolen;
- the story of the California man arrested for hoarding and keeping more than 400 snakes in his home;
- the burglar who was arrested after he tried to break into a college office and became so entangled in the venetian blinds he could not get out;
- then there is the Texas “panty robber’ who for two years broke into homes and stole women’s underwear;
- the Arizona story about the bank robber who pulled off the job, received money and was caught shortly thereafter when he stopped down the street from the bank where he stopped and ordered beer and pizza with some of the bank loot;
- the one about the Dallas woman who bit off her boyfriend’s lower lip while kissing him at midnight at a New Year’s party – she was charged with aggravated assault;
- the Texas bank robber after receiving the loot tipped the teller with one of the $20 bills she had just given him;
and so many other stories about dumb criminals from the Southwest that make this anthology worth reading and will make you laugh out loud.
Buy on Amazon Kindle | Amazon Paperback
This book was a quick read. I’ve read other Dumbest Criminal books by Professor Songbird. They never deny me a good chuckle or two.
You have to stop and think about the thought process some people possess. I don’t know how in the world they think they can get away with being so stupid.
They sure do keep us sane people laughing though. There were a few stories that made me laugh out loud and I shared them with my husband. He got a chuckle too.
I received this book for free in exchange for a fair and honest review. All opinions in this review are 100% my own.
Professor Birdsong received his J.D. from the Harvard Law School and his B.A. from Howard University. He teaches law in Orlando, Florida. After graduation from law school he worked four years at the law firm of Baker Hostetler. He then entered into a varied and distinguished career in government service. He served as a diplomat with the U.S. State Department with various postings in Nigeria, Germany and the Bahamas. Professor Birdsong later served as a federal prosecutor. After leaving government service, and before he began teaching, Professor Birdsong was in private law practice in Washington, D.C.