I recently made this recipe and it was a big hit with my family. This recipe is not my creation. I found it online years ago. If you know who the original owner is, please let me know so I can give credit.
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped green bell pepper
3 med. cloves garlic minced
3 T. olive oil
2 cans (14.5oz each) stewed tomatoes
2 t. leaf oregano, crumbled*
2 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper to taste
1 bay leaf
1 chicken, about 3lb cut up.
1. Cut up chicken into bite size pieces. Brown in a hot skillet with oil over medium heat.
2. Remove chicken when browned and set aside.
3. Saute chopped onion, green pepper and minced garlic in the same pan that you used for the chicken. Saute until onion is tender.
4. Stir together in pan: tomatoes, oregano, salt, pepper and bay leaf.
5. Add the chicken back into the pan and bring to a boil.
6. Reduce heat and over for 45 minutes or until chicken is tender.
7. Discard bay leaf.
8. Serve over hot cooked pasta of your choice. **
*I used Italian Seasoning Instead.
**I cooked 2 cups of minute rice and added that to the pan after it was finished.
This is a quick and easy meal that is delicious! Let me know if your family enjoys it as much as mine did.