Recently my friend David Murphy shared this recipe for homemade cheez its. I knew I wanted to try it and I’m sure some of my readers would as well. Everyone is trying to eat healthier these days and learn how to make our favorite foods at home. I personally do not like traditional cheez its you can buy in the store. I am sure I’d love these ones. You can see this and other recipes on David’s website at: http://foodnservice.com/
David is always sharing new and exciting recipes. He’s a very talented chef and a great friend. You can find all kinds of recipes on his blog. Along with recipes, you can find DIY products, coupons, and other little tid bits on the blog. If you have not visited his blog, I highly recommend you do. Here is some information about David. This information is shared on his about me section of his blog:
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup peanut butter (chunky or smooth)
- 1 1/4 cup water (hot)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Combine the flour and rolled oats; set aside.
- Combine water and peanut butter together.
- Make a dough by combining the flour/oat combination and the peanut butter/water combination.
- Roll out the dough in small batches using the cookie cutter of your choice to cut out the shapes.
- Place the cut outs on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes then cool on a wire rack.
- Tip: If the dough is too sticky, add flour as needed to get the consistency you want.