Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this product/event for review purposes, all opinions are my own
Links may be affiliate links. I make a few cents at no additional cost to you, and they help support my Starbucks addiction.
Choking is a big hazard for small children and individuals with medical concerns.
The dechoker company makes great product to help with a family member that is choking.
Choking is the obstruction of the flow of air from the environment into the lungs. Choking prevents breathing, and can be partial or complete, with partial choking allowing some, although inadequate, flow of air into the lungs. Prolonged or complete choking results in asphyxia which leads to anoxia and is potentially fatal.
This is a great product for my friend to have on hand for my niece who is a year old.
My niece was born with a bad acid reflex condition. She is now feeding herself and likes to shove food in without fully chewing it like my toddlers do. There are many times where she gags and we have to help remove the food from her mouth. If there is any food that gets stuck in her airway that we can’t reach this is the perfect thing to use. My friend feels safer knowing she has this on hand.
There are 3 different units you can choose from: Family (unit covers ages 3 through adult), Toddler (covers ages six months old through five years old) , and Little Buddy (Built for pediatric use, this device is a 3 in long tube, smaller and more compact than its larger brothers.) which is appropriate for infants.
Directions for usage
1. Remove Dechoker from package, pull handle once or twice
2. Lay individual on their back, tilt up head, lifting chin up for access to airway
3. Insert tube into mouth, respirator face cap covering mouth and nose for no longer than 3 second intervals
4. Apply thumb at bottom of chin and index finger on one side of respirator, middle finger on the other side of respirator
5. Apply light pressure, begin pulling the plunger upwards. Repeat steaps 4-5 if neccessary
6. Never leave respirator covering mouth and nose over 3 seconds at any point. Countdown 3…2…1
7. Roll individual over on their side to allow debris out of mouth to avoid pulmonary aspiration
Connect with Dechoker: