Smartlab Toys makes different science kits. Gina’s Library of Reviews is happy to bring you this review of their Spa Soaps.
I love to do crafts and DIY products. I’ve always wondered how hard it was to make your own soap. Smartlab Toys makes it extremely easy to begin making your own soaps. This is a great product for children to do with adult supervision or for an adult to do alone.
The kit comes with everything you need:
- 14 Soap Molds
- White glycerin soap base
- Clear glycerin soap base
- 3 soap pigments
- 2 measuring & mixing spoons
- 16-page book
- 5 Gift boxes
I was able to make a set of soaps very easily and quickly with items I already had in the house. I make a set of Honey soaps. The basic recipe is so very simple it only took a matter of minutes to complete.
1. Place a cube in a glass measuring cup in the microwave for 20 seconds.
2. Stir and continue to heat for 10 second intervals. (I only had to heat for an additional 10 seconds)
3. Stir in add on’s and pour into mold
4. Let the soap cool room temperature for 45 minutes or add to freezer to speed up the process.
I made a set of Honey soaps for the purpose of this review. The recipe is as follows, I did mix it up a bit which is noted.
Honey Soap Recipe:
1. 1 cube clear soap base
2. 1 tsp whole oats (I used instant with peaches as I did not have plain oats)
3. 1/4 tsp pure honey (I used clove honey)
4. Tumeric powder for coloring (I used cinnamon instead)
I am in love with this soap. I was surprised how easy it was to make and that it lathers up as much as it does. I have sensitive skin and did not break out from this soap at all. I believe that is because you use natural ingredients not chemicals. I used this soap on my face and my face feels so nice and clean. I plan on making more soaps.
The kit also comes with paper boxes you can put together that fit the shape of your soap. I used the bee hive one for my honey soaps. They are cute and great to use if you are giving the finished soap as a gift.
This kit retails $19.99. It’s great to use as a gift for Mother’s Day, birthday, or any time.
Would you like to win your own Spa Soaps? Be sure to enter the form below. Open to US only residents ends 5/1.