Disclosure of Material Connection: I have not received any compensation for writing this post. I have no material connection to the brands, products, or services that I have mentioned. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
Tea Tree Oil has many great benefits and I am just finding out about them all! While I may be a little late jumping on the Tea Tree Oil train, I thought many others still may not know what Tea Tree Oil is, what it does, and how it benefits us as a whole. So here we are discussing the topic!
I recently started using tea tree oil to remove skin tags. I bought two different brands, and whether or not they’re pure is up for debate among users of them, because they smell like PineSol. (Smell aside, they have been effective for some things.)
What is Tea Tree Oil?
Tea tree oil (TTO), or melaleuca oil, is an essential oil with a fresh camphoraceous odor and a color that ranges from pale yellow to nearly colorless and clear. It is taken from the leaves of the Melaleuca alternifolia, which is native to Southeast Queensland and the Northeast coast of New South Wales, Australia. *Wikipedia*
What are the Benefits of Tea Tree Oil?
Tea tree Oil has numerous benefits that are beyond belief! It has been around for many, many years, but only recently is catching on world wide with it’s great uses! It can only be used as a topical remedy though. Please do not ingest!
- Acne – Dilute a few drops (20-40) into witch hazel (watch for possible allergic reaction to witch hazel). Apply to skin once or twice daily with a cotton swab.
- Heals and Soothes Sunburn
- Can be used as an all-purpose cleaner: Fill a spray bottle with 1-2 tsp. of tea tree oil and the rest of the bottle with water.
- Helps with Skin Irritations, Rashes, and Bug Bites (relieves itchiness)- Definitely works on bug bites! (Look at me being your guinea pig!)
- Can help heal skin infections naturally
- Add a couple of drops to your kids’ shampoo, it will help prevent lice naturally. I would do this all the time. Those are hard to get rid of!
- Keeps fleas away, add a few drops to your pet’s bed! I guess this works I’ve tried it. No Fleas here.
- Also removes ticks- a drop or two will get the bugger to detach
- Helps remove skin tags- supposedly- here’s what you do for this a couple of drops to skin tag 2-3 times daily, cover with bandage it may take as long as 2-3 WEEKS to come off.
- Cures foot fungus and athlete’s foot naturally. This actually works I’ve tried it.
- Helps with bad breath. Swish mixed with water – do NOT swallow at all! Works, tastes horrible but works!
- Helps with asthma! Just add a few drops into a humidifier!
- Is an antiseptic on cuts
- Can relieve an earache! Mix 1 drop with 1 tsp of olive oil.
- Natural Make Up Removal – Use a few drops mixed with some canola oil and wipe away with a cotton ball. Rinse after.
- Soothe Sores – Dip a cotton swab in and dab at it. Avoid using around your eyes.
Tea Tree Essential Oil can also work in various household cleaners! You should really check out some great tea tree oil recipes for them! That concludes our list of uses for tea tree essential oil! We may even post some recipes for making homemade household cleaners, so look out for them! There are also many other benefits to other essential oils. As I am using more and more, I will share my experiences and the uses I have found for them!