Celebrating W.C. Field’s 100th Anniversary in film.
My Thoughts about the W.C. Fields Comedy Essentials Collection:
Street Date: 10/13/2015
# of Discs: 5
Rating: Not Rated
- Celebrating W.C. Field’s 100th Anniversary in film.
- Featuring a comprehensive 18-film collection of W.C. Fields comedies together for the first time ever:
- Million Dollar Legs, If I Had a Million, International House, Tillie and Gus, Alice in Wonderland (1933), Six of a Kind, Mrs. Wiggs of the Cabbage Patch, You’re Telling Me!, The Old Fashioned Way, It’s a Gift, Mississippi, Man on the Flying Trapeze, Poppy, The Big Broadcast of 1938, You Can’t Cheat an Honest Man, My Little Chickadee, The Bank Dick and Never Give a Sucker an Even Break
- Co-starring silver-screen legends Bob Hope, Dorothy Lamour, Bela Lugosi, Mae West, Bing Crosby and many more
- Great for holiday gift-giving
- Great value
W.C. Fields is a true comedy legend and remains one of the most recognizable and beloved actors of all time. From his early days on stage in vaudeville and Broadway through his live appearances on radio, he created an iconic persona that has never been matched. The comic genius of W.C. Fields is best captured forever in his body of films that highlight his notoriously sarcastic quick wit and slapstick routines. The W.C. Fields: Comedy Essentials Collection features 18 of his best feature-length comedies that continue to leave audiences of all ages laughing out loud.
I had not heard of W.C. Fields before I did this review, I loved this DVD though. The older I get, the more I’m into the old time classics that were popular way before my time and from when I was too young to even remember it. This is a fun collection of comedy that is fun for the whole family.
Connect with Universal Home Entertainment:
To learn more about the or to purchase your own W.C. Fields Comedy Essentials Collection check them out on their website.Follow Universal Home Entertainment on social media: