Disclosure of Material Connection: Links may be affiliate links. I make a few cents at no additional cost to you, and they help support my Starbucks addiction. I am disclosing in accordance with the FTC
Today is Saturday that means it’s time for another book list. This week is the Historical Fiction list. Previous lists were for the genres of Fantasy and Classics. This entire series was based on the list of 100 books you should read on goodreads. The list was made up of the users on goodreads.
1. Beloved by Tori Morrison (this has been on my TBR for a long time)
3. Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese (this has been on my TBR list)
5. Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden (A friend recently mentioned this book. It’s not on my TBR)
6. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (I saw a commerical for this movie. I put this book on my TBR then. I always read the book first)
7. The Color Purple by Alice Walker (I’m sure we’ve all heard of this book. I’ve read it many times and seen the movie many times. Very moving and a classic.
9. The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck (I tried to read this years ago when It was part of Oprah’s book club. I’ll have to try it again someday.)
10. The Help by Kathryn Stockett (I loved this book! I loved the movie as well. The movie doesn’t always do the book justice. This one however did.)
11. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini (this has been on my TBR for a long time)
12. The Outlander by Diana Gabaldon (I’ve this is a great series. I haven’t read it)
15. The Scarlett Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne (I remember reading this in school)
16. The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd (I loved this book. I haven’t seen the movie yet though)
18. Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen (I loved this book! I have also seen the movie and loved it as well.)
Which books have you read? I hope you are enjoying this book series. I love this genre. Although it’s fiction it takes you back when things were simpler. I could picture these things happening in history.